The mission of Complex Systems and Data Science Lab (CODLAB) is scientific excellence in the wider field of modeling and analysis of natural and social complex systems. Our research deals with data collection, management and analysis, where approaches based on network theory play the key role.
The main topics include:
- inverse problems in network theory (detecting a hidden network from accessible data),
- modeling network dynamics and complex phenomena in nature and society, including bioinformatics,
- graph theory and applications,
- data-driven modeling of online phenomena such as crowdsourcing,
- as of recently, our work also involves measurments of EEG signals and their network analysis.
CODLAB collaborates with several local and international research centers. and is very active in the organization of the faculty’s annual ITIS Conference.